Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Blue Uncertainty-BTS: The Title

A few months ago, I had a dream that I watched the trailer for a movie called Blue Uncertainty.  I loved the title so much, that I wrote it down.  The movie looked like a RomCom, but since I don't do comedy, I decided to go in a different direction.

First, I broke the title down into two sections: blue, and uncertainty.

Next, I got out my trusty Signs and Symbols book, and looked up what blue meant.

Here's what I came up with:

Emptiness, the infinite, the divine.

Calmness, reflection, intellect.

Depression, sexual explicitness, and class ("blue-collar workers," for example).

Divinity.

Scandinavia: naivety, gullible.  Japan: naivety or inexperience.  Buddhists: steadfastness, strength.

Purity, divine wisdom.

Roman Catholic art: humility.  Ancient Egypt: truth.

Next, I looked up what uncertainty/uncertain meant:

not able to be relied on; not known or definite.
(of a person) not completely confident or sure of something.

I let this sit and stir for about a week or so, until I came up with my next step.  I wanted to do something I had never done before, and what I came up with, I had never done before.

What did I do next?  You'll just have to wait and find out.

0 comments:

Post a Comment